Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 8 - Travel

A place I've traveled to...


Hm, I think I am going to go with Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I don't have any personal pictures to show you because I went with my parents after my freshman year of high school. Back then I just had a tiny little film camera, non of this fancy digital stuff I have today. We went out West on a 2 week excursion to Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, and finally, a dude ranch. I hope we get the chance to take the girls to a dude ranch one day, it still holds up as my favorite vacation.

Jackson Hole is a small town nestled at the bottom of some awesome mountains with some awesome ski slopes. It is also one of the most expensive towns to live in, and pretty expensive to stay in. We were only there for a day but I remember the Old Western restaurant we ate at, the antler arches over the park [pictured below], and the fun spirit of the people who lived and worked there. It was [and I'm sure still is] beautiful.

The antler arches!



Doesn't this look awesome?


2 comments:

Caroline said...

one of my good friends just moved there. we're hoping to visit in the next year or so. looks amazing!

Eva G said...

Jackson Hole is a beautiful area. If you need any help finding a dude ranch while planning your trip, the Dude Ranchers' Association would love to help. They have several members in the area. http://www.duderanch.org