Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 19 - Something I miss...


I miss Taylor University. It seems like every time I call to catch up with my old roommate, Amy, we talk about how we would love to go back to college for just a semester. I remember the excitement of pulling up to my dorm freshman year, the nervous feeling I got when I first met my roommates, and the pure joy I felt when I knew this was exactly where I belonged. I know that sounds cheesy, but I grew in more ways that I can acknowledge at Taylor and it was the best 3.5 years of my life. I made some amazing friends and met my future husband, Dustin, there. Taylor also brought me to Indiana.

[How awesome is this picture? I wasn't even super skinny, just content.]

My post-pregnancy body. I am tired of not fitting in my clothes, having a constant muffin top, and having arms so flabby I could use them to fly myself to Philly. As you can see, I am pretty critical of myself. I just hate change. I want to feel like myself again. I want to slip on my skinny jeans, throw on a sweater with out worrying about my fat hanging over, and hit the mall!


Sleep. I cannot remember the last time I slept more than 4-5 hours with out being woken up by a screaming infant. Molly is lucky her flirtatious smile is just as adorable at 3 in the morning, because otherwise I might lose it!

1 comment:

molly said...

I miss my body too. Although somehow I'm a size less than I was before pregnancy but my clothes just fit weird and look awful. And I still have a muffin top and that extra skin. I really really want to tone up. But it's a bit of a challenge with 2 kiddos always needing something.

I miss sleep too. Oh, how I miss sleep. I just want to sleep in til noon one day.