Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 23 - Favorite Vacation

My parents took me on a lot of neat vacations as a child. When my grandparents moved to Florida we went to Disney World almost every year. As I talked about before, we spent two weeks out West visiting National Parks, monuments, and a Dude Ranch. We also spent two weeks up in Maine just exploring the state and it's beautiful coastal towns and parks. But my favorite? I guess my favorite vacation is one that is "reoccurring". Every other summer my mom's side of the family gets together and rents a beach house in North Carolina. When we started we would get a duplex house and split up as evenly as we could. Last time we had one HUGE home for all of us and it was awesome. July 2011 is another North Carolina year and I am not going to lie, I am VERY excited. Each morning we get to wake up to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach, and we normally get a house that is right on the beach so it is only a short walk away. The homes always have really neat amenities. Last years ours had a movie theater room and a game room with karaoke, a pool table, a pinball machine, and various board games. And if the ocean outside our back door wasn't enough the house also had a pool and a hot tub. Are you getting excited for me? Here are some pictures from Summer 2009...

Isn't she lovely?

The view from our top deck.

Our little set up. My dad bought that tent for Brooke to sit under.

Brooke loved the beach!

... but I think she loved her pool more.



Have you entered the For Your Little One GIVE-A-WAY yet?

No comments: