Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 24 - Something I've Learned

I wish this challenge came with details. Something I've learned over the course of my life? Something I've learned recently? Something I've learned while blogging? Who knows! We'll go with recently. I used to spend a lot of time getting upset over little things people did to bother me. Went shopping with out inviting me? THE HORROR. Gave me attitude over not liking their opinion. GET OUT OF HERE. Told me that it was their way or the highway. NO YOU DID NOT. But after lots of stressed out evenings and a pep talk from Dustin, I decided not to sweat the little things. Why did these things need to bother me? There was no reason to be overly upset over something as small as a shopping trip. Were my feelings hurt? Sure! Was my life ruined? Not nearly. I found that if I just ignored these instances when they happened, I was a much happier person. I cannot force someone to act a certain way towards me, and I didn't seem to be doing anything wrong, so why fret over it for more than a few minutes? In fact, why fret over it at all? I think part of maturing is learning to adapt to the people around you and realize that people say things the wrong way at times, people do things with out realizing they are hurting you, and life goes on...

No comments: