Monday, June 2, 2008

Life Lately

Well, I have started this blog as an attempt to document life's crazy happenings. Whether people choose to read this or not, it will serve as somewhat of a journal to look back on in later days. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now, and unfortunately I procrastinated, so I have much to update on. I'll just high light the main points...




  • I married Dustin Alan Miller (the man of my dreams) on December 29, 2007. The wedding was held in Philadelphia and a second reception followed a couple weeks later in Northern Indiana. We are renting a spacious home in Elkhart and loving married life.
  • In January we bought a Long-haired Miniature Dachshund. His name is Jake Irish Miller and he has been such a great addition to our family. He is MUCH bigger than in the picture (If you count 8 pounds as big) and has the best personality.
  • After a two week Senior Capstone class, I graduated from Taylor University with a BS degree in Elementary Education. The picture was taken more recently on May 17th when I walked to receive my diploma. The girl to the left of me is Amy Nelson, my roommate and college best friend.


  • About a month after our wedding, Dustin and I left for our Honeymoon in Mexico. We had an awesome 7 day stay at El Dorado Seaside Suites, a couples only, all-inclusive resort about an hour south of Cancun.
  • February started with Dustin's birthday and the beginning of putting wedding gifts away. (I think we still have a few in the closet) I began to think about my future as a teacher and made plans to start subbing in the local school district for the rest of the Spring. I also took up a weekly babysitting job to keep me busy. Towards the end of the month, Dustin and I were caught by surprise when I found out I was pregnant. It was not in our plans but God has His own plans for our lives. We are happy and trying to best figure out where to take our future.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. You will love being a mommy. It's an amazing experience. If you ever need anyone to talk to I'd love to chat. your story sounds much like ours. Kreg and I were only married 3 months before we got pregnant. it's wonderful but at times it was difficult for me. You are so right when you say God's plan is always bigger than our own.