Monday, April 27, 2009

Prayer Request

Preface: This weekend Dustin and I found ourselves in quite the situation. We were out and about shopping -- 30 minutes from home -- when Brooke acquired a dirty diaper. Unfortunately I forgot diapers AND wipes so we had to make the rounds at Target to get some. She has been wearing a size 2 but it has been really loose on her lately so we bought a small pack of size 1s.

They fit, which is actually a really bad thing because that means her weight is not improving. I cannot even begin to explain how inadequate I feel when it comes to meeting her needs and feel as though I am doing something wrong. I have a weight check scheduled for Friday but called the Pediatrician today and got the go ahead to start supplementing formula. Miss. Brooke decided that the foreign milk was gross and will not take a bottle... but we are still working on it!

So please pray for Brooke's weight and that she will learn to take a bottle of formula from her daddy. Since I nurse her I am not giving her the bottle since I know she will just turn her head towards me and forget completely about the task at hand! She takes solid food like a champ though so I think we are going to up the amount of meals she eats as well.

2 comments:

Megan said...

We are praying for you guys!

Amy Holmes said...

Jess,

I am only 3 1/2 weeks into this whole nursing thing and I know how you feel. My little guy is an "itty bitty" as a precious little girl called him in a store. Today I feel inadequate as well. He is eating every 2 hours during the day and between 2 1/2 to 5 hours during the night. I have to go somewhere with work tonight in order to keep my job when I return and I only was able to pump 1 ounce the whole day! Makes me feel terrible! So please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you in the midst of my own struggles. I love you girl...we can do this! We were MADE to do this!