Thursday, March 20, 2014

35/35

If you aren't familiar with pregnancy, once you reach 35 weeks of pregnancy, you also have 35 days left in the countdown to your due date. Hence: 35/35.

Here is a picture of just my belly. I am getting maternity pictures done Saturday so I'll have prettier ones to share soon.



I fell down the rabbit hole of old blog posts and found the pregnancy survey I used to do weekly.

Pregnancy: 35 weeks

Weight Gain: 20ish pounds, which is a little more than I wanted so I have to be good from here on out. Who am I kidding?

Sleep: Broken up as usual. I generally wake up 2-4 times to use the bathroom, and each time I switch which side I am laying on. My hips get so sore if I lay on one for too long. That makes me feel old.

Gender: Girl

Name: Paige Taylor

Feeling: Sick. I've had some blood pressure issues the past few days so I am pretty nauseous as well as short of breath and experiencing headaches. I also still have hip pain when walking so I have to minimize the length of my outings. Generally this means going out more in a week to get things done.

Health: Like above, blood pressure has been wacky. It was up to 141/92 and then down to 98/60. So odd.

Belly: Growing weekly it seems! My stretch marks are also growing. No news ones, just continuations to the old ones.

What I am looking forward to: Snuggling a new squishy.

What I miss: Sleeping on my belly. Taking walks.

SO more on the blood pressure. It's the reason I was headed down the rabbit hole before. We have to travel back to June of 2010, 9 days before Molly was born. I was sent to labor and delivery for blood pressure issues, just a little after 35 weeks. I am exactly 35 weeks now so this is a little earlier, but around the same time. Interesting.

Anyway, I've had headaches and dizziness for three days now and have been using CVS blood pressure cuffs or a wrist cuff I borrowed from my father-in-law. The top number ranged from 132-141 and the bottom number ranged from 79-92. Not TOO high, compared to the numbers in my post with Molly, but definitely higher than preferred. After three days of this the OB sent me up to L&D to get some more in depth testing done. I was there for about two hours, not so bad. 

I have orders to be lazy and stay hydrated. 

No comments: