Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Nursery

These are going to be cell phone pictures.

1. Getting out my professional camera, taking the pictures, uploading the the computer, etc etc etc will take too much effort.

2. I'd have some straightening up to do if I retook them. I have some outfits laid out and the hospital bags in the crib.

SO these are pictures I took with my phone a few weeks ago.

When I first got pregnant Dustin and I decided we would do a safari/jungle theme. We were at the Brookfield Zoo in Chicago and the girls picked out a stuffed giraffe for the baby. Dustin picked out a rhino. Before finding out the gender I had a trip to IKEA and bought a green decorative leaf and a green light. As the theme began to evolve in my head, it solely became giraffe. I don't know how or why, but it did. We knew we wanted it to be neutral, for some reason. I have a few friends not finding out the gender of their babies before the birth and they were jealous I was working on a nursery. Well... really this would work for either gender!

The room was light blue before so I found the PERFECT cream color and Dustin painted the room for me. I fell in love with the idea of a pendant type light for the ceiling and thankfully Dustin was supportive and installed that as well. Everything else kind of fell together randomly. I feel like I have decorations and accents from ten different stores!



We bought a new crib and dresser this time around. I got AMAZING deals on them at Target. Our first set was falling apart so we decided to get something sturdier and different. I affectionately call the giraffe in the corner our "peeping giraffe". He has this tilt to his head that cracks me up. You walk in and he is all like, "Hey there!" I can tell you it took less than a week of having him in there for Dustin to sneak attack me while I was in the bathtub and pop the giraffe around the corner. ;)


It is hard to see in the picture but the frame almost looks like it has giraffe spots on it. Nothing special, just a frame from Hobby Lobby. Crazy!


I bought the letters at Michaels and painted them myself. The giraffe crib sheets and changing pad cover are Carters brand. I have a second set for when necessary. 



The decoration above the changing table was an odd creation of mine. At first I was going to wrap canvas squares in fabric of some sort and hang the name above the crib from the bamboo. Then I found this set of mirrors on clearance at Target and this idea started to form. Dustin trimmed the bamboo for me and screwed it into the wall. We used twine to tie and hang the mirrors and this is what we came up with! I kind of love it. :)


The curtains and curtain rod are new. The old one was a cheapie from Walmart and Molly had pulled on the curtains and bent the rod down. The curtains were sheer for pictures in my old studio, and I needed black out ones for the baby.



So there it is! Our neutral giraffe nursery. I may have been more creative with paint color or patterns if we had smooth walls, but ours are textured. I can't even put wall vinyl up on them!

I am going to be 36 weeks on Thursday. WHOA! The pregnancy mind games have begun. I have cramp like contractions several times through out the day, sometimes more than 5 in an hour, but I've been-there-done-that and know they aren't the REAL thing yet. Just annoying. ;)

No comments: