Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Independence

I think this is one of the only things I'm going to miss when the baby arrives. Okay, and maybe solid sleep but I've been there done that twice and know that they sleep eventually.

Brooke and Molly are at a great stage. I can let them out back to play with out having to go with them thanks to an open concept house that allows me to keep tabs on them. And the fact that they'll stay in the backyard and play. 

They can get their own snacks and drinks after school.

They play SO well together and will play dolls and dress up for hours in the playroom. Or coloring. Or watching a movie on Netflix... which they can set up themselves.

They sort their dirty laundry into baskets with their names on it to make my life a bit easier.

They can dress themselves completely, down to snow pants, hats, and gloves if needed.

They can almost shower themselves. They know how to turn it on, and how to rinse their hair out, getting the shampoo and conditioner into it is another story.

I just snapped these with my cell phone real fast. They are currently outside helping D take the Christmas lights down. Yes, they are still up. Don't judge. Although you probably understand the winter this entire country has had. This is the first nice day + no snow that we've had since Thanksgiving.




I am really excited about this stage for having another baby. I've had a newborn with a toddler to take care of, and it was interesting. Totally doable, but interesting. I know there will be challenges surrounding having a new baby in the house, whether our kids are 2, 5, or 10, but I have faith it will go smoothly.

I know I'll miss the independence we've had with having older kids. Eating out has been a breeze. Going places has been a breeze. Heck, our Disney vacation was close to a breeze. They can swim in a pool with swimmies and I don't have to hold them every second. 

We are definitely about to start a new adventure, but is sure is an exciting one!

No comments: