Wednesday, June 1, 2011

O-HI-O

Friday afternoon I packed the girls up and loaded them into the van for a trip to Ohio. We drove down with my mother-in-law, Kathy, and her mom Ruby. Dustin stayed behind to work on the basement and came the next afternoon. Anyway, after an almost five hour drive we made it to the ever wonderful Dayton, Ohio for a visit with family.

Saturday morning I headed to Columbus to see some of my wonderful e-friends I have been wanting to meet for awhile. One in particular happens to be my e-twin [click to view her awesome blog], and we have wanted to meet FOR.EV.ER. We met at COSI in Columbus which was amazing, and then had a carb-loaded lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse.

The coolest water table EVER





E-TWIN!



We got back Saturday afternoon and an hour or two later Dustin, his dad, and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law arrived. We had a big dinner for Dustin's Uncle and then headed out with his cousin to go rollerskating. Yes, you read that correctly. I think we were the only people in there [besides the workers] above the age of thirteen. It was so worth it though.

Skaters



Sunday morning we headed to church, where Dustin's Uncle Don is the youth pastor, and let me tell you... it was amazing. This was out first time going and I was blown away, especially by the tribute they paid to those who have served for our country. There were very few dry eyes in the house. Later that afternoon we went to a graduation party for Dustin's cousin Cooper and then loaded up the van to head home.

How to pick up chicks: 101



We affectionately dubbed him Brannon Bieber



Ruby with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren [and the married-ins ;)]



All in all, it was a quick but FUN weekend. I am very blessed to have married into a family that feels like my own, and that has welcomed me so easily, and willingly.

No comments: