Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MY birthday

Sunday, June 12th, was my 25th birthday. I didn't make a post because Molly's birthday kind of out shined it, which is okay. Plus, my birthday kind of turned into a week celebration so I wanted to wait until it was complete to make a post about it. On Sunday my parents were still here so we headed out to lunch with my family and Dustin's, to my favorite restaurant Granite City. I mean, you really can't go wrong with that place.

With Jena and Kathy, my mother-in-law, outside Granite City!


With my parents



Sometime during lunch Jena gave me two cards. The first had a paper with a picture of an iPod on it, saying that for my birthday gift from them and Dustin, I got to go to the Apple store and pick one out. SWEET! The second was a poem from her.

Get ready for a Special Day
with your favorite sister, Jena Rae

A bunch of places we will go,
what they are you will not know

Brush your teeth, I'll do your hair
I'll even tell you what to wear

So be prepared to laugh and play,
I hope you'll enjoy your Special Day!



So this past Saturday we headed out for my Special Day. Jena picked me up around Noon and we were both armed with our wallets and dressed in pretty sundresses. We went to lunch at a cute sandwich and salad place, and then to this store called Charming Charlie. If you have never been, find one nearby and GO. We spent almost two hours in there, and we probably could have shopped some more. Then we headed to the mall to do some damage. It was so nice just to be able to look through racks and try on clothes with out a two year old pulling on my pants or a one year old crying to be picked up out of the cart.

From there we headed out to dinner, which was a surprise until we actually arrived there. We went to Bonefish Grill! I had never been there so it was a nice surprise. Also, when we got inside Dustin and Jena's husband, Wes, were waiting for us! I also had my first martini that night, which was super yummy.

Dustin and I. Hello forehead shine!



Jena and Wes



Outside Bonefish




Our matching sun hats!





Afterward the next location was a surprise as well, and we ended up at Strikes and Spares, a cosmic bowling place. They also had indoor mini golf and go-karts. We did the black light mini-golf first, which went fast, and then moved on to a round of bowling. We had a great time dancing and just having fun. Jena and I went to Old Navy after that and then ended the night with Ritter's ice cream.

We liked posing with the statues in the mini-golf course



Jena: Where are you? Me: Down here!



This guy obviously needed some help...



So as you can see, I had an AWESOME birthday. It was nice to have a relaxing day out and just laugh and play with Jena and our husbands. I don't get to hang out with Jena very much so it was a nice change of pace of the hustle and bustle of a life with two toddlers.

With the poem :)


No comments: