Wednesday, April 14, 2010

18 Months

Okay, so technically Brooke isn't 18 months until tomorrow but I plan on doing a picture filled post and thought a written one would be good too. I remember being so excited when Brooke turned 6 months. She was half a year and all the newborn woes made those first months feel like years. I am amazed at how fast 18 months came upon us.

Brooke is learning a lot of new words with each and every day! I will try to list what she says but I am losing track...

Uh oh, dog, Jake, Mommy, Daddy, Papa, Pabi (Paci) Bye bye (sometimes followed by Mommy or Daddy), Hi, Cow, Moo, Baa, Peas (Please), Milk, Done, Car, Beep beep, Sissy, Baby, Up, Go, No, Oh wow <--- my personal favorite. She will also repeat almost anything you say to her but can't really put it into context yet.

She loves to kiss my belly and can call her sister by name! Although it isn't perfect I still think it is darling. Every morning she greets me by jumping in her crib like it is a trampoline, which I find mainly funny but a little terrifying. She runs, jumps, and climbs all day long and sometimes barely stops to eat. She loves to be outside and throws a fit when I need to bring her in.

She loves to give us "real" kisses. I say real because they are actually closed mouth now instead of open mouthed slobbery kisses. She is a big cuddle bug and is turning into quite the sensitive little girl. She is very good about sharing her toys and playing with others but so far most of her friends are pretty possessive of their toys. When someone takes a toy from her she just looks at me with big eyes and her bottom lip stuck out. It breaks my heart!

We love our precious little Brooke!

No comments: