Saturday, April 17, 2010

28 Week Appointment

I will make sure to do a picture post on Monday for my 29th week, but I wanted to do an update on my OB appointment that I had yesterday. It sure was an interesting one! When I scheduled this appointment two weeks ago I knew I would not only be having the normal check up but an ultrasound and the glucose test as well.

It all seemed to work out perfectly. I drank the lovely orange syrup as soon as I got there, had my ultrasound (more on this in a minute), met with my doctor, and was ready for my blood draw. The nurse stuck my "good" vein once and collapsed it. She then called in another nurse who stuck me two more times and on the third time, I almost passed out. They had to lean me back with cold compresses on my forehead and give me apple juice to drink. The best part about all of this is that since they couldn't get my blood, I get to go back and do it all over again in 2 weeks.

Now on to the ultrasound. At my 19 week anatomy scan they found a cyst on baby girl's brain and even though they almost always go away they wanted to check back on it. I am happy to say that the cyst is gone! It was really exciting to get to see her again, especially since she looks much more like a baby at this point. They estimated that she weighs 3lbs 4oz (even though it could be off) and that she is in the 90% for her gestational age. Because of this, and the fact that Brooke was 7lbs almost four weeks early, my OB told me that if I make it full term they will do a growth ultrasound to check her size. They were also able to see that she has hair! Brooke was born with a head of hair so I am not surprised to hear this.

And now, two pictures of our baby girl...




No comments: