Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Things I Love Tuesday

I am not sure if there is a blogger who does an official "Things I Love Tuesday"... but there should be! And if there is, great work. Some things go with out saying, like Dustin and the girls. Perhaps shopping.

one. Signs of Spring
April's weather was pretty miserable. It rained for about 22 days out of 30, and it was cold and windy. But there is a subtle reminder of Spring right outside our door. The plants are budding and the animal babies are making their appearance. The mama bird spooks every time we open the front door and I told her she better get used to it. She also likes to watch me do dishes each afternoon. I'm guessing soon these little babies will be watching me as well, hopefully with more feathers and open eyes.



two. Essie Nail Polish
I really like any nail polish but I have been obsessed with Essie's colors recently. I am also slightly obsessed with painting my nails. I think last week I painted my nails different colors three days in a row. Dustin will vouch for that, he claims the fumes are going to kill him.

three. Slobbery Baby Kisses
You haven't been kissed until a 10 month old has come at you with an open mouth and drool hanging from the corners.



four. The Royal Wedding
Yes, I got up at 4am to watch the Royal Wedding. Was it worth it? Yes! I find the Royal family fascinating, and I plan on delving into some books about them sometime this year. The whole thing was like a fairytale. I mean, what girl doesn't want to be a Princess?

Isn't Kate absolutely stunning?


five. My Nook
I always thought I would hate having an e-reader. I wanted the feel of real pages between my fingers, the feel of the binding cracked the first time you open it up. But in reality, my Nook has been AMAZING. It is so easy to read on. Plus, if I finish a book and want the sequel, I can download it right then and there instead of going onto Amazon and waiting a few days for it to ship.



six. Hidden Platform Heels
Seriously, where have these been all my life? I cannot wear heels over 3.25 inches [specific, huh?] with out losing feeling in my ankles and toes. But then I found hidden platform heels. Which make it look like you a wearing 5 inch heels but in reality you are only walking around in 3 inch heels. I like feeling tall. Okay, some of them are ugly, I'll admit. But I have found a few pairs at JCPenny and Kohls that seem just right, especially the sandal type ones.



seven. Target
Enough said right?



eight. Writing
I have been working on a book for several months now. It is at about 50K words, which still isn't enough to make it a novel. I'll let you know when I publish it!



nine. The Game of Things
This game is sure to bring in plenty of laughs with friends. I promise!



ten. Friends
Not just my friends, but my little girls friends.


3 comments:

Crystal said...

I also can't walk in high heels so I love the platform ones too!

Megan Ashley said...

I love Target!!!!! Good choice :) I have never tried the Essie nail polish.

Anonymous said...

These were so cute! I love the kiss one especially. Baby kisses must be the best. :)

I will say though that I will never be a fan of nooks, ever, lol. They just are *not* books. :)