Friday, March 5, 2010

Show Us Your Life

I am dragging in the blogging world this week. I often read a blog called Kelly's Korner and she does a weekly "Show us your life" segment that I really enjoy. I thought maybe I could participate in one. :)

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

** 5:00am- Wake up and use the bathroom. :)

7:45am - Brooke is usually up and yelling at this point so I use the bathroom and stumble toward her nursery. She then refuses to leave her crib until I hand her the three pacifiers, three lovies, two blankets, and one sippy she threw over the side.

8:15am- Breakfast. Being the awesome mom I am I plop some cheerios or waffles on her step stool, give her a sippy cup of milk, and turn on PBS. We are regular Sid the Science Kid and Super Why watchers.

9:30am - We finally really wake up and we spend some time playing. Usually this consists of reading the first two to three pages of every book she has, screaming at the ball popper when her toothbrush stalls the motor, and pulling all of the clothes out of her drawers.

11:30am- I give Brooke lunch and quickly sprint around putting her clothes back in the drawers, fishing the toothbrush out of the ball popper, and shoving her books back in the bin.

12 noon- Nap time!

What my husband wants to hear: I spend the next 2-3 hours cleaning the bathrooms, doing the dishes, doing laundry, polishing the wood, changing the oil in my car...

What really happens: I sit down on one of my comfy bar stools, right here in front of the computer. I normally grab lunch at this point, especially now that I am pregnant and eat twice the amount of meals any other person eats. I blog, read other blogs, chat with online friends, search for adorable baby/toddler items, etc.

2:30pm (Brooke wakes up between 2 and 3 so we'll play it safe): Brooke wakes up talking up a storm and kicks the back of her crib until I come get her. Once again she refuses to leave her crib until I hand her the three pacifiers, three lovies, two blankets, and one sippy she threw over the side.

3:00pm- Afternoon activities vary from mall walking, to Target walking, to outdoor neighborhood walking. I like walking outside because it is great exercise and we both get some fresh air. Target is Brooke's favorite because she gets popcorn from Linda (we go enough to know all of the employee's names) and gets to see the smile on my face as I buy things.

5:00pm- We are home by 5 for out evening to start. Normally I turn on either The Wiggles or Barney and plop her on her step stool while I prepare dinner.

6:00pm- We normally eat dinner around this time but sometimes Dustin doesn't come home until 6:30. It is then his responsibility to chase Brooke while she pulls out all her books, jams the ball popper, and unfolds all her clothes. During this time I actually do clean up the kitchen, I don't like going to bed with a dirty kitchen!

7:45pm- Bath time, done by daddy, and bed time.

8pm-10pm- Dustin and I watch/catch up on our favorite TV shows.

10:00pm- I am in bed and reading a chapter or two in my latest book choice before I pass out for the night.


** optional occurrence

1 comment:

Lena said...

Target popcorn is the best, we're also on a first name basis with our favorite employees.