Monday, January 10, 2011

What I am doing...

Someone asked me in a previous entry what I am doing to lose the weight. Well, that is a great question! So far I have been watching what I eat, which includes no chocolate/candy/dessert [I tend to cheat on the weekends though], drinking more water, and no eating after 6pm if I can help it. I am also doing the Turbo Jam Beach Body work out and it has been fun so far. A friend of mine sent me the program to borrow and it even has a little book that tells you what days to do which DVD for a great mix of work outs.



I have set of a few rules though...

1. I won't let working out get in the way of other activities. I think working out is very important, but I remember how easy it is to get caught up in it. In college I worked out almost every day, sometimes twice, and I loved the rush. I couldn't wait to get to the gym before breakfast or after class. But I also missed a lot of activities or time with friends because I was always wanting to work out.

2. It is okay to miss a work out. This goes along with #1. I used to panic if I missed a work out. But in truth, missing a work out or two isn't going to cause you to magically gain 10lbs and lose muscle tone. I don't want to be the person late to events or canceling plans because I need to fit a work out in. It isn't worth it.

3. Have fun, don't feel the pressure. I want to have fun working out. I don't want to wake up and turn on my video only to feel like, "Why am I not losing weight yet?" "Why don't my legs look better?" "Why don't my abs look better?" etc. It all comes with time and just working out improves your health.

This morning I woke up at 7:30am and did my work out. I feel great!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hey that was me that asked ;)

Thanks for answering. I started WW last week and so far feel pretty good. Once my 3 month old is sleeping more regularly I am going to work out before my husband leaves for work in the morning. I am looking forward to that.

Thanks!