Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Prenatal Classes

Last night marked the first of three prenatal classes at the hospital. I was really skeptical about taking a labor and delivery class but Dustin was really interested so I signed us up. The first hour or so consisted of information about labor, included diagrams and plushies of women's body parts. We then watched two videos on labor and moved into some breathing exercises on the floor. This is where it all went down hill.

First, I was sitting crossed-legged with my belly sticking out and Dustin was behind me massaging my back. We were also practicing arms rubs and I had my palms up on my legs so he leaned forward and whispered, "You look like buddha." Of course I burst into laughter in the middle of a calming breathing exercise. After the class ended, we spent the whole ride home making jokes about the class.

I guess motivated massages and good jokes are worth the money we are paying for this three part class. I am mainly looking forward to the last class which talkes about newborns and gives us a tour of the maternity ward. Everything else I have already learned through reading!

No comments: