Friday, April 4, 2014

37 Weeks + Thoughts



Pregnancy: 37 weeks


Weight Gain: ???

Sleep: ROUGH. I wake up a lot. Sometimes it is before of pregnancy, and other times it is something like.... the dog wants to get on our bed even though he knows he isn't allowed, or the battery in the smoke alarm died, or a child feels the need to tell me they are using the potty.

Gender: Girl

Name: Paige Taylor

Feeling: Sore. Every time I walk I feel like she might fall out.

Health: Blood pressure is still up and down but we've been able to manage it, thankfully.

Belly: I swear it grows a half inch a day. She dropped so it is also lower... and generally in the way.

What I am looking forward to: Walking with out looking like I spent 9 hours straight on a horse.

What I miss: Feeling like myself. Don't get me wrong, I love being pregnant, but toward the end a woman just wants some parts of her body back!

OKAY. Now on to some thoughts on labor. 

Brooke came at 36w4d. Molly came at 37w1d. I am 37w1d today. Of course, a lot of people are starting to wonder if I've had the baby yet just because of my history. Sometimes I even wonder if I'm having this baby. ;)



The thing with the early births is that they both came in completely different ways, so there is no way for an OB to look at me and say I just happen to birth babies early. With Brooke my water broke and they had to use pitocin to start my labor. With Molly I went into actual labor and they broke my water at 10cm. 

Either way, everything at the end is a mind game. It's like the beginning of pregnancy where you think you could be pregnant but you are not sure because the symptoms can also match the "time of the month" symptoms. At the end everything just feels uncomfortable. I've never gone past 37 weeks to know if the feelings are normal, or if they are signs that labor is imminent. Therefore I don't have much of an answer for when labor might start.

I do know that no matter what, she'll be here in less than a month. And if she does choose to stay nice and comfy inside of me until April 25th, time will still fly by. 

I had an appointment yesterday and I am 3cm and 50% effaced, so that is less progress I have to make once labor does start. :internet high five:

No comments: