Monday, July 7, 2014

2 months, and then some....

Soooo it's been awhile! I have so many good intentions for blogging, and then life gets in the way. Life gets in the way A LOT with three kids.

Paige is 2 months, and then some, now. We were at the doctor last week and she weighs 11lbs 9oz and is 23 inches long! She is growing, but not too fast. She is in 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.


Paige is a great baby. She sleeps through the night, which is anywhere from 6-8 hours at night. She has started going longer and longer so I'm sure it won't be long until we are at 12 hour stretches. Last night I put her down at 9pm and she didn't get up to eat until 5:30am. Sleep makes all the difference around here! 


She is super smiley and yesterday she was giggling up a storm at me. Dustin got out his phone to video tape her and she started crying. Of course. She is generally pretty content unless she is tired. That is the only time she'll let you hold her like a baby or against your chest, otherwise she wants to be facing out and watching what is going on around her.

Life is... busy.

Busy. Busy. Busy.

In fact, I just had to stop writing this to get a crying Paige from her room, and now she is eating. Speaking of, still breastfeeding, and she takes a bottle like a champ too, so if I need to go somewhere, D can be with all three.

Life.

Today was one of those days. You know, the kind where everyone is in tears when your husband walks in the door, including the dog.

Molly wasn't listening, as usual. She had a horrible morning at swim lessons and that just set the tone for the day. Actually, oversleeping set the tone for the day. Why do children ONLY sleep in when you need them to be up. Brooke was piggy backing off of Molly's shenanigans today. Paige was a little, immobile angel as usual, but taking care of her takes time. She eats every two hours.

The dishes were piled up, with fruit flies hovering over the pineapple from dinner last night. Yes, dinner last night. I can't even remember the last time I cooked a solid meal. It is generally something that can be thrown together in a minute and makes minimal dishes, like spaghetti or burgers. Or we have soup, sandwiches, cereal, chips, etc. In all honesty, most nights none of us eat together. The girls eat while I get things done. Dustin doesn't get home until between 6:30 and 7 and generally wants to do some yard work. I'll eat when I can fit some bites in between making the girls food and feeding Paige. It is my best time to do something around the house because by the time they are all ready for bed and sleeping, I am wiped.

The kitchen floor is covered in crumbs and bits of paper from who knows where. The carpet is in desperate need of vacuuming. Laundry needs done, and speaking of, there is a huge pile of clean laundry in my room that needs folded/hung up. My hanging flowers are all dead because I keep forgetting to water them. I think I fed the dog his breakfast. I also need to wash his bed because he threw up on it last night and it is still sitting in its spot. Did I shower today? I should probably finish my third book.

I've stopped expecting perfection from myself and my family. My house is lived in, not a show piece. Dishes in the sink, a pillow on the floor, and some crumbs in the corner is okay.

I wouldn't change this crazy life of mine. I am blessed beyond measure to be where I am with who I am with. But man are we busy... and tired. Blessed, busy, and tired.

No comments: