Monday, May 12, 2014

3 Weeks Old

One of these days I'll update with more than just weekly posts, but... survival mode man.


Paige -- or Punky as I call her -- is 3 weeks old today! My how time is flying. We had a Pediatrician appointment last Wednesday and she was 9 pounds 2 ounces, which means she has gained almost a pound and a half since her appointment at 3 days old. Miss. Piggy!



Paige does best when she is moving. So say we are running errands, she is blissfully asleep... until the carseat stops moving. :) She mainly likes to be held. The other day I had her in the carrier and she slept for hours, snuggled against my chest. Yesterday Dustin held her while we painted pottery and she just stared around the room while he walked, for over an hour. She startles really easily so if I put her in her rock and play sleeper to nap she doesn't last too long. At nice I put her in a swaddle pod, and that helps.


At night she goes about 4-5 hours for her first stretch, and then 2-3 for the others. The main problem is that I tend to fall asleep with her while she eats, so my recollection of her schedule is pretty fuzzy in the morning. During the day I try to feed her every 2 hours, no more than 3 hours.




She likes to look around the room if she is laying on her back. The ceiling fan is still her best friend, but she'll give the windows, decorations, and maybe the fake plant a second look. :)


She is very aware of people, well faces, and will stare and stare and stare while you speak to her.



We went for our first walk on Friday. It was super nice out [finally!] and I picture many more walks to come!


The girls are still enamored with her. They still fight over her. And they still ask me one million questions a night about her.


Happy 3 weeks Paige!

No comments: