Sunday, August 16, 2009

10 Months Old

Yesterday Brooke turned 10 months old! 10 months!!! I know I say this each month, but time really is flying by. Brooke has made lots of discoveries this past month and I will try and recount all of them for you.



The week we got back from vacation she started standing on her own. As in, standing in the middle of a room with out holding on to any objects. It is so cute to watch her stand because she looks too little to be doing it!

We also taught her how to play "SO BIG!" and she fully understands the words now. She has a Fisher Price toy that says "SO BIG!" and she throws her hands up in the air for it.

Just in the past week or so she learned how to clap and does so while saying "Aaaaaaaaaaa" which I assume means "yay"!

I am convinced she can say "dog" but the jury is still out on that one. Her other words consist of "Dada" and "Mama". I am proud of that last one!

And finally. Drum roll please....




She is taking steps!!!! At first we had to trick her into taking steps but now if you set her down she will try and take one or two steps before falling to the ground. It is only a matter of time before she starts walking!

No comments: